Monday, August 17, 2009

Guess the old-looking people in the reunion photos weren't teachers

I did not go to any of my high school reunions. I graduated from high school in 1989 (we are great we are fine, we're the class of 89). So, this would be my 20th reunion if I actually attended. I have no desire to see any of the people I graduated with from the school I went to in Texas. I'd probably only know a few people and I'm pretty sure no one would have any idea who I am. That's certainly okay-- I don't mind missing out on all of the "fun". One of my Facebook friends did go to her 20th reunion and I actually went to elementary school with her, so I figured I'd take a peek at the reunion photos posted on Facebook to see if I saw anyone I knew. The very first thing I noticed were that the people in the photos couldn't possibly be my peers. They must be the teachers. Right? Please, oh please, let them be the teachers. I read some of the names posted under the photos and, um, they weren't the teachers. I guess it's time to face the fact that I am 38 (which is very nearly 40) and unless I decide to get Botox (oooh- let's inject poison in our wrinkles and become expressionless!) and/or some plastic surgery, I'm probably going to look my age. **sigh**
Thoughts for the day: 40 is the new 30! Age is just a number! You're only as old as you feel! I wonder if Botox really hurts that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment