Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to work...

My day began at the ungodly hour of 4 am when I woke up with some sort of allergy attack-- sneezy, sniffly, miserable, etc. It was way too early to actually get up, but a bit too close to my wake-up time to take Benadryl. Eventually I went back to sleep and got in an extra 12 minutes of sleep before my alarm went off. I somehow made it to work in a daze and thought it might be a good idea to water my plants since I hadn't been to work in a few days. I realized after watering both the orchid and the African Violet that I'd watered them with leftover Diet Mountain Dew. For a brief moment I wondered if that might perk them up a bit or just kill them really dead. So, I dumped the soft drink out of both plant containers and watered them correctly. I was on the look-out all day for their little leaves to start twitching, but they seemed fine. The rest of my day was rather uneventful until a coworker made the mistake of leaving the office with his computer logged on and not locked. Well! How could I resist messing with his computer? I could not. I recalled a time when my mom changed her coworker's log in to "Poophead", so that when he returned his computer greeted him warmly with "Hello, Poophead!" I wasn't quite sure how to accomplish such a thing, so instead I sent an Instant Message from his computer to my coworker Shauna that said "I've always had a man-crush on Rob Geslison (another coworker)". I did give Shauna a heads up so she wasn't too concerned about the IM. When Joe returned he was very surprised to see what he had sent to Shauna. He then went about questioning 3 other coworkers, including Rob Geslison. Although he was very confused about why Rob would send that IM unless he was secretly hoping that Joe had a man-crush on him. Anywho... Joe never suspected that I would do such a thing. I can't wait until he leaves his computer unattended again!
Thought for the day-- For the love of all that is holy, if you are going to just go the speed limit or slower, stay out of the passing lane unless you are passing someone which may be difficult to do if you are going so slow!

No comments:

Post a Comment