Thursday, August 6, 2009

Random ramblings...

So, as you may know I'm taking a break from online dating. However, I still check out my Yahoo! Personals account to see if the man of my dreams might just happen to send me a message. I went into Yahoo! Personals today and noticed 4 guys had viewed my profile. I know you're on the edge of your seat just waiting to discover who took the time to view my profile. Two of the gentlemen were in their late 50's, one did not speak English as a first language and the 49-year old guy with his profile in all caps who was looking for someone to spend "a quite night" with. I think he meant "quiet", but then again he could be hoping to have a quite a night. Needless to say, the online dating break continues.
This evening I decided that, in spite of the 50 mile-an-hour winds, I should do my recycling. Currently I only recycle newspapers, phone books, magazines, etc., so I put them in my vehicle and went to a school down the road to throw them in the bin. I pulled up to the bin, got out of my car and noticed a decent looking guy in a very new and fancy black truck pull up as though he, too, was about to recycle. I wondered if he might be single and wouldn't it be so nice to meet someone who also recycled (not a quality currently on my "love list", but maybe it should be). Right about then a bunch of my papers blew away. I tried to catch them, gracefully I'm sure, as truck-guy then drove to the other end of the parking lot to watch from a safe distance. I'm sure I was a sight to behold, running around, grabbing papers as the wind scattered them. I caught the papers that I could reach all the while thinking that littering was probably worse than not recycling. I was pretty humiliated at that point thanks to my audience who didn't even try to help me collect my papers. I just drove off, stopping to pick up a few more papers along the way and then decided to finish my recycling without any witnesses. Somehow I doubt I'll see anything in City Weekly's "I saw you..." section from truck-guy.
Thought for the day-- hover is not the same as Hoover and anyone who says Hoover when they mean hover is really kind of a dummy head. Yes, I said dummy head. I apologize for my potty mouth.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to suggest that a guy who just watches from afar as you run around picking up flying papers is not the caliber of gentleman that you deserve, regardless of his views on recycling. :) Let the dating break continue! (BTW...I'm right there with ya!)

    ReplyDelete